Meeting the Community's Needs
The Village of Maryville Police Department is extremely proud that the Board of Trustees have supported and maintained a modern, well equipped police department. We are fortunate to be able to respond to the community's needs in state-of-the-art police units with modern mobile radios as well as a newly renovated communications room.
The department is entrusted with the mission of providing professional law enforcement services to the community. It is through the diligent efforts of the members of our department that the citizens of the community develop a sense of personal security. They must be assured that timely and professional emergency assistance is continually available to them.
Crime prevention is the responsibility of every member of the community. No law enforcement agency can operate at its maximum potential without the supportive input from the citizenry it serves. The law enforcement component of the community will expend every effort to prevent crime, just as it does to detect, identify, and arrest criminals. We actively solicit and encourage the cooperation of all in decreasing the opportunity for crime to occur, so that the benefit realized from utilization of our available resources may be maximized.
The members of the Village of Maryville Police Department are committed to performing our duties and fulfilling our responsibilities of enforcing the law, preserving the peace, and providing quality police services to the community.
In the furtherance of these purposes, the following goals are established for the Maryville Police Department:
- Provide the prevention of crime utilizing all available resources in the most effective manner possible.
- Provide for expeditious and prudent apprehension of suspected violators of the law.
- Provide for services that contribute to the preservation of life and protection of property, the preservation of community well-being and safety, and general public assistance under all conditions.
- Provide for the safe and effective flow of vehicular traffic throughout the Village.
- Provide for thorough, appropriate, and efficient police investigations.
- Provide for the maintenance of social order during times of unnatural occurrences or disasters.
- Provide for efficient and effective departmental administration.
- Provide every opportunity for the residential and commercial citizenry to embrace the community-oriented policing philosophy.