Maryville Police Department
The Village of Maryville is accepting applications for both Entry Level Police Officers ($30.48/hr.) and Lateral Transfers ($32.74hr.) All applications must be turned into the Maryville Police Department by 04:00 PM, March 31, 2023.
1. To complete the Village of Maryville Police Officer application, go to the Village of Maryville’s site at: https://www.vil.maryville.il.us/ Applications will also be available at the Maryville Police Department.
2. Entry Level candidates must provide proof of a current valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation (Illinois Power Test) by April 17, 2023 by 04:00 PM. A submitted POWER Test card must be dated within six (6) months of the time of application.
3. Lateral Transfer applicants are not subject to proof of current valid Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation (Illinois Power Test) and will be exempt from taking a written exam.
For information on where to get a POWER Test Card, contact:
(Note: there are other locations in the State that an applicant may receive a card)
- Southwestern Illinois College Police Academy www.SWIC.edu/PA Click on “Menu” and then click on “Power Test”.
Entry Level Police Officer Minimum Requirements:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (college preferred).
- Must be 21 years old by date of written exam; maximum age of 35 (Unless otherwise exempt by Statute).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Applicants must submit proof of passing the POWER Test within six (6) MONTHS PRIOR to the written exam date.
- Pass a comprehensive pre-employment screening process to include: background investigation, polygraph, psychological and medical examination with drug testing.
- Applicant must possess a State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than forty (40) hours of training required by that Board for Recertification, if necessary. Certification by the state of employment outside Illinois will also be accepted provided the certification will be accepted and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than forty (40) hours of training required by the Board of recertification, in necessary. (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement)
- Must have at least (two) 2 years of experience in good standing as a full-time sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal, county, special or state police department.